Getting married is one of the major events in your life so your wedding deserves all the preparation you can lavish on it. Couples usually pay the most attention to the venue, the food, and of course, the beautiful bride’s dress, but did you know that there is another part of a wedding that guests remember the most? That is your choice of wedding reception flowers.
Wedding flowers get a lot of notice because the perfect arrangements can turn an already amazing wedding into a supremely memorable one. Flowers add texture and colors, and they can set the mood for your special day.
What To Look for In Wedding Reception Flowers?
When choosing flowers, it’s not just a matter of which blossoms you find beautiful. There are a number of things to consider so that you will have the perfect blooms on your special day. Here are some:
1. They must be in season. Some flowers only bloom during summer, while some bloom all-year round. Make sure that the blossoms you choose will be in season on your wedding day.
2. You can have look-alikes instead. If you can’t have the specific flower that you need because it’s not in season, there are many other flowers that you can use as a substitute because they have the same style and look. For example, garden roses are perennial and can be used instead of peonies (which only bloom from spring to summer).
3. The flowers reflect your wedding style. If you wish to reflect a classic vibe, the traditional rose can do the trick. A rustic theme may benefit from a touch of anemones paired with other similar sylvan blossoms. All flowers evoke a certain style, and choosing the right one can help you achieve the overall look you wish to have on your day.
4. Colors matter. The shade of the blossoms you choose can help define your wedding style. Pinks and pastels convey femininity, dark colors can radiate sophistication, white means timeless and classical, and lively hues can inject an energetic vibe to any party.
5. Size (and scent) matter too. Size and shape do matter when selecting your wedding reception flowers. A compact space may look better with lots of small flowers to decorate it since too many big blossoms in tall containers or structures can make a small venue look even smaller. You'll also want to take into account the fragrance. Too fragrant blooms can overwhelm your guests and be distracting on your big day.
Do Your Homework
Before you go to your florist, getting these things together first will help the consultation go much more smoothly.
1. Make an inspiration board. Gather all your ideas into one board that you can show to your florist, so they can get a feel of what you like and dislike. Include texture, shapes, and everything you can think of.
2. Create a color palette. Your wedding flowers do not need to match your wedding dress, although you can do that if you wish. A color palette can help you find which colors will work with your motif without being too matchy-matchy. Just remember to be flexible with the shades because the exact color that you want may be hard to find in nature.
Get the Perfect Floral Design
Your local Chicago florist can help you plan the most amazing wedding reception flowers. Here at Kloeckner Preferred Flowers, we have plenty of experience helping young couples plan their special day. Visit our wedding section to learn more about how we can help!